We’re happy to give all our online resources away freely and ask you to consider partnering with us and our efforts to take this Good News to the world by making a donation.
Click the button below to donate securely
[You can also mail offerings to P.O. Box 840, Eustis FL 32727 if you prefer not to give online.]
LakeHaven Church is registered as a 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organization and all contributions to us are recorded and tax deductible receipts may be issued to the qualifying donor. Please read IRS regulations below to understand conditions.
Please carefully read the information below to understand how to ensure that your contributions qualify for tax exemption according to IRS regulations, and to be aware of some necessary LakeHaven Church policy changes.
In order for a charitable contribution to qualify for tax deduction, it must comply with all IRS regulations, which for simplicity sake are summarized as:
- The donation must be for the stated purposes of the organization.
- The donation cannot be for the benefit of any individual.
- The donor can only have advisory rights to the distribution of the funds. For instance, if you want to donate toward a new sound, video or TV, simply specify eg. MEDIA/OUTREACH instead of “new video camera.” Or, for example, if you want to donate to Kids Church, designate KIDS CHURCH instead of “games for Kids Church.” If the donor has complete control on where the funds go, the donation is not deductible and the donation is considered a gift. Please see below for approved funds to use in your designations.
- The donor must have a bank record (such as a cancelled check) or written communication from a charity (contribution statement) for any monetary contribution before the donor can claim a charitable contribution on his/her federal income tax return.
These regulations are from the IRS. The first two regulations may seem contradictory in light of specific missionaries you may support through LakeHaven Church. You can see, then, the necessity that LakeHaven Church, as well as contributors should “walk the line” carefully. These regulations apply to all 501(c)(3) organizations.
So, for these reasons, it is necessary for LakeHaven Church to inform you of our policies to ensure that your donation qualifies as a donation and not a personal gift:
- A missionary\’s name, or any other individual’s name, may not appear on the check at all, not even in the memo line. A missionary’s ministry name, however, can.
Here are some examples:
Carolyn & Tim Clark: Commission International
Seth & Saundra Dunn: In Motion Ministries
Clint & Renee Wisdom: Simple Wisdom Ministries
Christopher & Britta Alam: Dynamis World Ministries
Walker & Haley Schurz: Africa Outreach
- The contribution may also be designated on an offering envelope (same as #1)
- Please note that offering envelopes will be securely destroyed after 6 months of receipt. Therefore, please review your quarterly statement carefully for any discrepancies.
Approved funds for designation (for purposes of tax deduction) are:
- Tithes and Offerings
- Missions (general)
- Kids Church
…or other short-term project or event we may announce in the future.
While the law requires LakeHaven Church to have full control of distributing funds, please be assured that we have no intention or desire to divert any contribution from the donor’s intended purpose.