Statement of Faith
Our Standard – The Scriptures – We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God and the product of God-appointed men who spoke and wrote as they were moved upon by the Holy Spirit. The New Covenant, as recorded in the New Testament, we accept as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16, 1 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Peter 1:21)
God – The Godhead – We believe our God is One, but manifested in three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being co-equal. God the Father is greater than all. The Son Jesus is the Word made flesh, the only begotten son of the Father and He has existed with the Father from the beginning. The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is our Helper, Comforter, Strengthener, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, and Standby. (Philippians 2:6, John 14:28, John 16:28, John 1:14, John 1:1, John 1:18, John 15:26)
Our Need – Man’s Fall and Redemption – We believe man is a created being; made in the likeness and image of God. Through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world, and death was the result. Therefore, man is spiritually dead and separated from God. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was sent to give His life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man back to God by providing us with salvation. Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the law, and it is by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by Him. (Romans 5:14, Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, 1 John 3:8, Ephesians 2:8, John 14:6)
Eternal Life – Being Born of the Spirit – We believe that in order to be saved and receive eternal life, Jesus said every person must be born again. This “New Birth” is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life. Being born again is a term that Jesus used referring to the work that the Holy Spirit would do in us the moment that we turn to God and accept what Jesus did on the cross in paying for our sins. For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life. (Romans 10:9-13, 1 John 5:12, John 3:3-5, John 3:16)
Divine Power – Being Filled with the Spirit – We believe every believer should be “born of” the Spirit (“born again”, or “saved”) and subsequently “filled with” the Holy Spirit. This is also known as: the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, receiving the Spirit or being filled with the Spirit. This is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers and is received by faith, subsequent to the New Birth. Being filled with the Spirit gives a believer power to be a witness for Christ, and is the entry point for the supernatural, victorious life. The Bible teaches that this experience is received by faith and is evidenced by the accompanying supernatural gifts of the Spirit, including speaking in tongues. (Matt. 3:11, John 14:16,17, Acts 1:8, 2:4,38, 19:1-7, Eph 5:18)
Going Public – Water Baptism – We believe Jesus commanded all believers to go public with their faith through water baptism, by immersion. Water baptism is a public declaration of the internal work of God in the heart and life of a believer. This is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. (Matthew 28:19, Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12, Acts 8:36-39)
Real Growth – Sanctification – We believe the true Christian life is evidenced by the godly fruit of the Spirit that is developed and produced in the life of a believer. This process of sanctification leads to a genuine, holy, Christ-like life and is a definite, yet progressive work of grace. This process begins at the time of the new birth and continues throughout our Christian life. (Hebrews 12:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, 2 Peter 3:18, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Philippians 3:12-14, 1 Corinthians 1:30)
Blessings – Divine Healing – We believe that Jesus desires the abundant life for all believers who walk in the light of His Word. This includes many blessings – spirit, soul and body. God promises to forgive all our sins and to heal all our diseases. Therefore, we believe that health and healing for the mental, emotional and physical ills of the human mind and body is available by the power of God. The Bible teaches us several pathways by which to access God’s divine help and healing power and this includes: the prayer of faith, the laying on of hands, being led by the Spirit and/or by the supernatural gifts of the Spirit. Healing has been provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of every member of the Church today. (John 10:10, Psalm 103:3, Mark 16:18, James 5:14-25, 1 Peter 2:24, Matthew 8:17, Isaiah 53:4-5)
Things to Come – The Return of Our Lord – We believe in the physical, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe His coming is imminent. When He comes, the dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds (what we refer to as the Rapture), to meet the Lord in the air. Following the return of Jesus, He shall return to the Earth as King of kings, the Lord of lords. Believers will return with Him and will reign with Christ on earth for a thousand years during what is known as the Millennial Reign of Christ. (Acts 1:11, 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17, Revelation 20:6)
Final Destination – Hell and Eternal Retribution – We believe that a person who physically dies without believing on, accepting and confessing Jesus Christ as Lord is hopelessly and eternally lost. This person will spend eternity in hell and the Lake of Fire, and therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel and repenting. The Lake of Fire is literal. The terms “eternal” and “everlasting” used in describing the duration of punishment in the Lake of Fire carry the same thought and meaning of endless existence as used in denoting the duration of joy and ecstasy of believers in the presence of God. (Hebrews 9:27, Revelation 19:20)
Statement of Values
What We Value
We VALUE centering everything we do around the Word of God and the Lordship of Jesus.
- The Word is our final authority for life and Godly living.
- If Jesus is Lord and Head of the Church, then as a church we cannot dictate direction and destiny. Lordship means His ways and desires trump everything!
We VALUE people, no matter their sex, race, color, origin OR present condition.
- No person is too far removed from God’s love.
- Galatians 3:28 (AMP) There is [now no distinction] neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
We VALUE evangelism.
- Every believer has been commissioned by Jesus to reach people that are lost.
- Matthew 28:18,19 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore[c] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
We VALUE being “WORLD MISSIONS MINDED.”
- We believe that each person should have an equal commitment to the Gospel being preached to all nations.
- God doesn’t ask for equal sacrifice… Only equal commitment!
We VALUE the New Testament message of the unconditional love that God has for us, and the New Testament law of living by love.
- God has no requirements or conditions that must be met in order to experience His love and His goodness.
- We are not under the Old Testament law of Moses, but we are living under the New Testament law of love. This law of love is not a requirement for righteousness, it is simply our guide in matters pertaining to life.
We VALUE being real and relevant, not being religious!
- We believe the world needs to see the power and the love of God, not a church that is far removed from the reality of life and culture.
- Our message will never change, but our methods will be ever changing.
We VALUE a positive and exciting outlook on life.
- We believe that the church’s greatest days are not in the past, but in the future!
- 1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written:“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
- Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We VALUE being “Kingdom” minded.
- We realize that the most important thing that is presently happening in the world is what God is doing in His kingdom.
- We believe our mandate here and abroad is to create an environment where God’s will can be done.
- Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
We VALUE the manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit desires to do a work in our lives, and in our church services. We endeavor to allow Him to move as He so desires.
- We endeavor for our worship services to be Spirit-led and to create an atmosphere where He has the freedom to move.
- 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.